On-hold messaging is a great way to decrease caller hang-up by entertaining callers and making their wait feel much shorter. It's also a creative way to inform and educate callers. Many of your customers aren't aware of the variety of products or services you offer. On-hold messaging provides an easy marketing opportunity to target customers or prospects that have already shown interest by calling your business.
Here are a few ways to get the most out of your on-hold messaging:
- Inform callers about upcoming sales or promotions.
- Advertise tradeshows, open houses, and other events.
- Educate callers about new products and services.
- Highlight industry resources and other helpful websites, articles, etc.
- Provide fun facts and intriguing trivia questions and answers to get the listener thinking.
- Remind callers about upcoming holidays and important events.